Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 6

Sorry! I know this is overdue, but it's been a rough week! So, Monday I went out and did w6d2. I was able to complete it all and even made it just barely under 3 miles!! It was a beautiful overcast day and actually had to run with a stocking hat on!!! I was a little sore when I got home, as the route was fairly hilly, but I was really proud of myself.

Yesterday, I tried my hand at the treadmill. First time ever. Nearly killed myself. Twice!! There is a reason roads don't move. I'll just stick to the roads or the track. I didn't do very well. Couldn't even complete w6d2 again. I was aiming for w6d3, but there was no way! My issue is that I don't run straight. Turns out that is a problem when on a treadmill! I ran off the side twice. Not entirely off, but enough that I had to skip a step or 2, then slow it down, get my footing, and restart. Needless to say, it did not go well!

I'll get back out on the road tomorrow, regardless of the weather. Another go at w6d3 will be good!

FYI - I looked at my training schedule that I had mapped out from w1d1 and Oct. 1 should have been w9d3! :( Oh well, I knew going in that I was not going to whiz right through every week. I am proud of how far I've come and that I am sticking with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment