Friday, September 25, 2009

3rd time's a charm!!!!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that that's out of my system, I'll tell you how I finally conquered w5d3! I've been running on the track. It's gentler on the body and easy to keep track of distance. I think it was getting to me. Running in circles for a half hour is not that fun! (It's ovals, actually, Mommy! - this is what my 3 year old daughter said when I said this to my husband!) Anyway, I just kept thinking, "Okay, 1 mile down, 6 more laps, 5 more laps..."

It became really overwhelming. It was more a mental thing than a physical thing. Everyone on the c25k facebook page that has gotten over this hurdle will tell you that. I was not smart enough to realize this the first time I tried it, or even the second, but after a mile on the track, something clicked. I ran directly out of the stadium and onto the street. I just ran.

I made sure to run where I could drive so I could track my distance. I am so excited to say that I was able to finish! I texted my best friend and called my mom and my husband! I was so proud! I went about 2.4 miles in my 30 minutes. Not too shabby!

I am actually starting to understand people wanting to run. Not that it is fun, but it just feels so good when you accomplish it! You're right, Emily! And thanks for the encouragement, Marcia, I thought of your comments as I was struggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment