Wednesday, September 16, 2009

W5D1

**If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.**

So true! I was just really feeling good today and decided rather than repeating another day from week4, I'd just take a chance and move on. The worst that could happen is that I'd have to stop a little early or walk a little extra. Well, neither of those things happened!!!! I was able to finish all of W5D1 today.

I decided to try to run on an indoor track today for a few reasons. #1 - that is what I'm going to have to do when it gets cold, so I thought I'd give it a try. #2 - I wanted to know exactly how far I was running. #3 - I wasn't sure the local college would allow me to come in and run, so rather than waiting until winter to find out, now seemed like a better option!

#1 - it went well. Felt good and was much easier on the legs than running on concrete. #2 - I ran just shy of 2 miles, but I only did about 1/2 of the 5min. warm-up and about 1min. of the 5min. cool-down, due to time constraints. #3 - the kid there today didn't seem to care who was on the track, and since I was the only one, it probably didn't matter. This winter it might be different.

I think I'm going to go ahead and move on to W5D2 on Thursday. Hope that one goes as well!!

1 comment: