Friday, August 28, 2009

Running in the rain!

I was planning on doing w3d2 on Wednesday, but it was raining like crazy here in Iowa. I don't mind running in rain, but running in flash flooding is a whole 'nother story! I waited until Thursday and it rained even harder! So, Thursday night, it finally stopped raining and I headed out right after dinner. It looked eerie out, but I decided to go anyway. There was a strong headwind, but since I was turning the corner in a few blocks, I decided it would be in my favor at then end of my run, so I stuck to my route.

I was smarter than last time and cut the route a little shorter than before. I found myself surprised when it said to stop running, as I wasn't ready yet! PROGRESS! I did stop though, so as not to overdo it. I felt good, but apparently didn't stretch enough after because I was sore this morning. I also was feeling it a lot in my knees. I wasn't able to figure out if it was actually my knees that were hurting, or the muscles surrounding them. I feel much better today, so I guess we'll just have to see what tomorrow is like.

Oh yeah, I've lost another 2 pounds, so I'm down 5 since the day I started week 1. Not really enough to make a difference in my clothes or anything yet, but at least I'm heading the right direction! I have found myself cooking a lot more now because I want to make sure that what I'm eating is at lease decent! Last night we had chicken parmigiana with whole wheat noodles. It was really good and the kids and the hubby liked it too!

Anyway, guess that's it for now! W3D3 tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love whole wheat pasta, and girl, 5 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at... that's AWESOME! Have you seen what 5 pounds of hamburger looks like? That's what you've taken from your body... plus you've probably had muscle growth and actually lost more jiggle weight than 5 pounds. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or think about a 5 pound bag of flour. You were carrying that around every day! Congrats.
    Carli
    www.runningintoshape.com

    ReplyDelete