Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week 1, DONE!!!

I did it! I finished my first week on the Couch 2 5k plan! I am so excited and proud of myself. I am not even sore at all today. We had a nice, rainy Sunday and I took advantage of that and ran in the middle of the afternoon since it was nice and cool.

Tomorrow I am going back to Curves. I love it there and I haven't been for a few weeks as I was out of town then I started this program and didn't want to be too sore. I am thinking that Curves will be a good workout for my non-running days. Curves is the only workout I've had success on, but since my stroke, I've had to take that a little slower too! Hopefully the combination of the two programs will help me out in both the fitness and weight loss endeavors!

Speaking of... Since I am trying to loose weight along with becoming more fit overall, I think I need to post how I'm doing in that area as well. I am 6ft tall and the day I began my first week, I weighed 195lbs. Ideally, I'd like to get down about 30 pounds or so, but that is a long-term goal! Just to get started losing would be awesome. I have also started a low-cholesterol diet as that is a requirement when you have stents. So, between the running, Curves, and the low-cholesterol diet, I should be heading the right direction!

I also am finding I have more energy already. It's amazing how quickly these changes can happen. Maybe it's all in my head, but either way, it's good. I'm getting more done around the house, which is appreciated by my husband and have more energy to play with the kids, which is good for everyone!

Week 2 starts on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. You are so inspiring! So excited for you! I am starting Week 3 tonight - and am feeling so good. I love how running makes me feel!

    ReplyDelete